The first thing I want to make sure everyone understands.... YOU SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO PAY TO BE A MYSTERY SHOPPER!
I know there are a lot of programs out there to start mystery shopping. DON'T buy them! You don't need it! The ONLY thing that you should ever have to pay for is: the items for your shop and if you want to become MSPA certified (more on that in a sec).
I got lucky and stumbled onto Shadowshopper.com. You can join for FREE...yes, they have upgraded options, but you don't have to unless you want to. Shadowshopper has a list of employers (mystery shopper companies) and they'll also send you updates and info on jobs available.
The mystery shopper companies I work for are:
- Trendsource, www.msishopper.net They are by far, my favorite. They pay about 2 weeks after the shop is done.
- Shop N Chek , www.shopnchekshopper.com They are also very good, pays a month later.
- GfK, www.cybershoppersonline.com This is the first company I started with, very detailed on instructions and they have an 800 for help (for your shop).
- QAMS, www.qams.com I've only started working with this company in the past two months, but they also pay fast.
- Bestmark, www.bestmark.com They pay a month later.
Gfk sends money by Paypal.
QAMS and Bestmark send checks.
There are MANY other mystery shopper companies out there. These are just a few. But remember, you NEVER should pay to become a mystery shopper.
I said I'd talk about this... MSPA, this means Mystery Shopping Providers Association. To be certified with them is of two levels, silver and gold. The prices for this is from $75-$200. Now, why would you want to spend money on this? Several reasons:
- If you are in Nevada, you have to register with them and you have to get a P.I.'s license.
- Some companies ONLY take MSPA certified people
- You get the higher paying jobs.
Now, don't expect when you first start off, that you are going to get the big jobs. As with anything else, you need to take the easy and lower paying ones first. Here's why, you need to prove to your mystery shopper companies that you CAN do the job and do it fast and accurately. You will NOT be an employee of any of these companies, you will be an Independant Contractor. That means, that you are responsible for all of your taxes.
NO, I'm not MSPA certified and I don't make a lot of money at this. BUT, if I'm going to go get gas, for example, why not get paid for at least part of it? I can just imagine what you can earn if you ARE certified. Cruises, banks infos, lots of other things.
If you like "role-playing" (like acting) then, mystery shopping will be easy for you. If anyone wants more detailed info, leave a comment and I'll add info!
Remember, you should NEVER pay to be a mystery shopper!
No comments:
Post a Comment